No doubt that the Amazon Kindle is doing really good and is producing a massive amount of visitors to it, but each and every thing has a negative and a positive point, and i am going to tell you some good and some bad facts about the Amazon Kindle.
It is really hard to describe this revolutionary invention in few paragraphs, Amazon's first ebook reader is a huge success on the market and Amazon is still producing Kindle due to high demand of supply, people are satisfied with it but there are some places where this ebook reader lacks.
Firstly, I would like to tell you about it's Good facts and points:
- Battery-life is really great, worth of reading almost bunch of pages.
- Kindle's actual memory is 256mb which can store upto 200 books. However, you can expand the memory via a SD-memory card which is really cool.
- It's design is as compatible as to a book, and the 6 "e-ink screen can also be read in sun-light, no need to go in the shadows.
- Ebooks bought at Amazon are protected by AZWDRM which means, you can not share your books with your friends. Kindle also has the ability to read unprotected books in HTML, JPG, Gif, Word-Format.
- Blog subscriptions usually cost $ 2 a month with a 14-day free trial. However, you can browse directly to the blog using the "Basic Web" browser for free. Basically, you'll pay for RSS, but not the web.
- Kindle has also a new search query system "Kindle NowNow" which is powered by Amazon's Mechanical Turk distributed work system, NowNow service is free.
Well, along these points, there are many other advantages of Amazon Kindle but I have just written the vital one's.
Now, here are the Bad facts:
- No PDF-Support. The largest book format is not supported, possibly it will be included in the next version.
- Black and White screen is fine while reading books, but magazines do need some colors.
- Mobipocket DRM'd files will not work on the Kindle.
- There are only two fonts: Caecilia and Neue Helvetica, both from Linotype. You can not select which font to use to read (the book texts are in Caecilia), but can select from six font sizes.
- You will not be able to scroll down the wheel to move down the content not even on the web. You will have to use the back and forward keys in order to do so.
Regarding the matter of having negative points, the Amazon Kindle is still having more positive comments than negative, but still this product lacks at some places where it should not.